Monday, September 14, 2009

Misconceptions of giving Zakat

The Misconceptions of giving Zakat are

1: I pray, dont I? Whats the big deal if I dont give Zakaah?

2: But it will decrease my wealth!

3: I dont have to pay Zakaah every year.

4: I never paid Zakaah before, I will just repent and that should be enough

5: I dont have to pay Zakaah if I owe a debt


6: I will waive my debt and count that as Zakaah

7: I have lent someone some money. I dont have to pay Zakaah on it.

8: I pay my taxes so I dont have to pay Zakaah!

9: I will use the money that I receive from my bank as interest to pay off Zakaah


10:I will pay Zakaah on whatever is OVER the Nisaab



11: Zakaah is due on precious gems, stones and diamonds

12: I will buy diamonds so that I dont have to pay Zakaah

13: The husband HAS to pay Zakaah on the wifes jewelry and wealth!

14: I only have gold, but I do not have any money. So, I dont have to pay Zakaah….

15: I will use my Zakaah money on my immediate family

16: I cannot give Zakaah to my poor relatives

17: A woman cannot give Zakaah to her Husband

18: Zakaah can be given to Non-Muslims if they are poor

19:I will use Zakaah to build hospitals, masjid and orphanages

20: Zakaah is the same as Zakaat ul-Fitr


21: I have to inform the one I am giving, that it is Zakaah

No comments:

Chat with Author!