Sunday, February 22, 2009

AR Rahman's Faith

The initials A and R later became 'Allah Rakha' on the suggestion ofrenowned Hindi music composer Naushad Ali. Thus A Sekhar Dileep Kumarbecame Allah Rakha Rahman. This was around 1988.He says, "Family problems and the need for peace of mind made us changethe faith. Sufism has given me peace. As Dileep I had an inferioritycomplex. As AR Rahman I feel like I have been born again."Rahman adds: "I am whatever because of my parent's prayers to God. I amwhatever I am - because the prayers I pray conscientiously, sincerelyand with full faith. I will be whatever I am - only because of Him, Iknow it. He has given me everything. He can take everything away and Iaccept His decision without any questions, without a murmur. He iseverything to me. I am just an infinitesimal creation of His. He hascreated me for a specific mission. I will be committing a sin if Idon't fulfill that mission. That's my only belief. That's the onlything that matters to me. I don't care for all the other temptations ofthe world. I am born for music. I live for music. I will live for musictill the very end. My life and death are in His hands. I will live onlytill He wants me to live. I will die only when He wants me to die. It'sall God's will... Insha Allah.!"Religion is a very personal affair for this sober young man fromChennai. He prays five times a day, carrying his prayer mat with him onhis tours, and retiring to the prayer room he has had built next to hisstudio during recording.

He says, "It's like a meditation. Each time Ipray, I die, my soul departs, and then I am like born again."

For Full Story read http://www.mail-archive.com/arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com/msg36047.html

No comments:

Chat with Author!